Terms & Conditions
/ Téarmaí agus Coinníollacha
Special College Rules
The primary aim of our courses is to enable the students to achieve real progress in Irish in an atmosphere of relaxation and enjoyment. However, there are a few rules which have to be strictly, though fairly, enforced and we wish these to be brought to the students and parent’s attention before coming to the college, since contravention of any of these will result in expulsion from the course and forfeiture of fees.
- Students must speak Irish throughout the course.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden.
- Entry into licensed premises or the consumption or possession of alcoholic drink or drugs at any time during the course is strictly forbidden.
- Students are not allowed to leave the jurisdiction of the college without special permission.
- Students may not be absent from guesthouses after 10pm without special permission.
- Serious company keeping is not allowed and it is left to the discretion of the Principal to deal with this sensibly in the best interest of students, parents and the college.
- Misbehaviour, verbal or physical intimidation, intentional or otherwise will not be tolerated. Students who cause serious disruption or who refuse to accept normal discipline will be expelled from the course.
Enrolment / Application
- Applications will only be accepted upon receipt of a booking deposit payment of €200.
- Confirmation of online applications / postal applications will be made via email. Student places are not secure until student has received confirmation of place and Coláiste Chonnacht registration number (College Number).
- The college reserves the right to cancel any application where relevant medical or dietary information is not fully disclosed upon application regarding a student.
- In cases where courses are fully subscribed, the applicant will be placed on a waiting list and notified via email.
Cancellation / Non-completion of course / Refunds
- At least four weeks’ notice in writing of any cancellation must be given. Refund of fees will only be considered on medical grounds and such applications for refunds must be accompanied by a medical certificate. A registration and administration fee (of €50) is non-refundable in all cases.
- No refunds will be made in the case of non-completion of course or in cases of dismissal from the course.
Mobile Phone Policy
- Students are permitted to bring a mobile phone for contact with home. Coláiste Chonnacht and / or the host family accept no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to mobile phones brought by students.
- Mobile phones are not permitted on the college campus and will be stored by the Bean an Tí.
- Students will be granted restricted access to their mobile phone at night following evening activities for approximately 20 minutes.
- Mobile phones are only to be used for contact with home at the designated time. Accessing social media is not permitted.
- Any special exceptions to this must be arranged in advance with the course principal.
- Students will not be given access to internet or wi-fi services in the host accommodation.
- Digital photography is not permitted at any stage during the course. Laptops, tablets, gaming devices, etc. are strictly forbidden and will be confiscated.
Infringements of the mobile phone policy will be dealt with by the course principal under the Special College Rules.
Photography / Digital Images
Coláiste Chonnacht take photographs of students engaged in activities and events. Photographs/digital images may be published on our website, social media or course-related publications. Student names will not appear in captions to any pictures published on our website or social media accounts. Students and or parents / guardians may contact Coláiste Chonnacht to remove their image from the website and social media accounts.
Medical Illness / Allergies
Students who have a medical illness / allergy or have special dietary requirements must inform the college in writing upon application. Detailed information regarding the student’s needs must be provided in advance of the course.
All medical expenses are the responsibility of the parent / guardian. Parents are advised that it is in their interest to have Personal Accident Insurance.
Students may avail of the following optional extras during our courses (subject to availability):
- Day trip to Aran Islands;
- Outdoor Laser Tag;
- Watersports (Windsurfing, Kayaking and Paddle-boarding);
While we hope to be in a position to offer the above activities, please note that some may not go ahead.