/ Beartas Príobháideachais do mhic léinn (agus a dtuismitheoirí / caomhnóirí)
By enrolling in and attending Coláiste Chonnacht, you acknowledge that your personal data (including special category personal data) shall be processed by Coláiste Chonnacht.
This Privacy Notice gives you some helpful information about who we are, what personal data we collect about you and why, who we share it with and why, how long we keep it, and your rights
- Who we are:
We are Coláiste Chonnacht. We provide Irish summer courses to students aged between 10-19 years. Our contact details are as follows:
Address: An Spidéal, Co. na Gaillimhe
Tel: 091-553146 / (087) 1000710
- The information we collect about you
As a student with Coláiste Chonnacht we collect and use your personal data. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to / collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
The personal data we collect can include information about your identity and contact details; images/photo; family details; admission/enrolment details; special educational needs; medical data; information about behaviour and attendance; information about health, safety and welfare; financial information (re: fees, grants, scholarships, etc); and other personal data.
If you are under 18 years when you enrol, we collect the name, address, contact details and other information about your parent(s) / guardian(s). If you are under 18 years, your parent(s) / guardian(s) is consulted and asked to give consent for certain things like taking your photograph, etc.
Credit card information used to pay course fees is not held by us but with our secure payment partners Stripe and Way2Pay, the parental school payment system.
- How we use your information and the legal basis
We use your personal data for purposes including:
- your application for enrolment;
- to provide you with appropriate education and support;
- to care for your health and well-being;
- to care for our staff and students;
- to process grant applications, fees and scholarships;
- to comply with our monitoring and reporting obligations to Government bodies;
- to process appeals, resolve disputes, and defend litigation, etc.;
- to provide you with information on special offers, new products or services, or changes to this policy.
- Who we share your information with
We may share your personal data with Government bodies including the Department of Education and Skills, the Department of Culture, Heritage & Gaeltacht, TUSLA, An Garda Síochána, HSE, Revenue Commissioners, etc.
The level of sharing and the nature of what is shared depend on the circumstances. The Government bodies to which we transfer your personal data will use your personal data for their own purposes (including to verify other information they already hold about you, etc.). We may also share your personal data with other third parties including our insurance company and service providers (including IT providers, legal advisors, etc.).
- We do not transfer your personal data to a third country or international organisation.
- We do not engage in automated decision making / profiling.
- How long we hold your data
All personal information is retained by Coláiste Chonnacht for a period of time. This data is retained for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it is obtained, i.e. some correspondence data is kept for a short period (e.g. will be destroyed at the end of a course) while enrolment data will be retained for a period of 7 years unless we are requested to do otherwise.
- You have the following statutory rights that can be exercised at any time:
- Right to complain to supervisory authority.
- Right of access.
- Right to rectification.
- Right to be forgotten.
- Right to restrict processing.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to object and automated decision making/profiling.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact Sinéad Ní Neachtain at firstname.lastname@example.org.